- Since launching in 2005, we've trained over 10,000 people in-person.
- Our main clients are large enterprises - yet in a range of industries (finance, insurance, pharmaceutical, professional services, urban development, etc.).
- We're based in Brisbane and Sydney, Australia, but travel to train people globally.
- We created a powerful enterprise-grade writing coach for Microsoft Word and Outlook: Credosity
- Our clients are all over Australia and Asia-Pacific (New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.). Many are global businesses.
- We love our niche and the change it creates when people learn to communicate effectively.
- We're on a mission to raise the global literacy rate with The Australian Literacy & Numeracy Foundation and Pencils of Promise.
Paul Jones: CEO
(Communications Evangelist Officer)
'Our team was very impressed by your course, your content and Paul. They're difficult to impress, so it's a compliment of the highest order. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Paul and Magneto to others wanting professional writing training.' Group Finance and Corporate Affairs, Suncorp
What he does
Here's a little secret: Paul doesn't run courses in writing. He runs courses in psychology and leadership, applied to writing.
It's what makes them fun, fascinating and effective. It's why thousands of people have finished his training and couldn't wait to go back to work and write.
Business writing ... fun? Yep. His enthusiasm for communications, psychology and human behaviour is contagious. It results in rich training, with frequent stories, many before/after examples and memorable insights.
Paul is also an in-demand speaker on the topic of corporate communications. He delivers keynotes and workshops at conferences, off-sites and to industry bodies.
See Paul's speaker profile
What he's done
Paul's been a mad-keen copywriter for almost 20 years. Some of his work and clients include:
- Speeches for the CEOs of SingTel, Optus and IBM
- Direct-mail campaigns for Suncorp, Oracle, News Limited, and Kimberly-Clark
- Ads for Konica-Minolta, Thomson Reuters and SMEs
- Branding taglines/slogans for Brisbane City Council, the Australian Steel Institute and SMEs
- Brochures for Tourism Australia, Kimberly-Clark and Turner Freeman Lawyers
- Web copy for Optus and Thomson Reuters
- White papers and case studies for Optus
- Newsletters for Kimberley Clark, Suncorp and CareerOne
- Presenting TV and corporate videos
- Corporate training for Qantas and the Australian Institute of Management (AIM)
- Newsreading for ads and Optus LocalVision
- Acting in national and international TV and cinema ads
What he's learned
Paul's formal qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Business – Communications (Distinction), QUT
- Advertising Award School
- Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training
Training Design, Marketing
What she does
Petrina is our Swiss-chocolate-loving, Swiss-army knife.
Multi-talented and driven, she designs our training, products, marketing, and events, while simultaneously looking after our brilliant clients, and systemising our business to give awesome value to trainees.
She ensures our courses are effective, engaging, and, with her background in film, entertaining.
At the heart of it all is her generous talent for developing people, personally and professionally.
What she's done
Petrina has over 20 years experience in marketing, training and business development.
Before founding Magneto in 2005 with Paul, she worked with the respected corporate trainer, Carlton Lamb, designing communications and leadership training for CEOs and managers of companies such as Deloitte, Commonwealth Bank, Downer EDI and Flight Centre.
And before that, she:
- was a business-development coach at accountant consultancy Ran-One,
- managed events for the Brisbane Lions,
- made an award-winning short film,
- wrote a self-development book, and
- was a mentor in the Life-Changing Experiences program that gives teenage girls a break in life.
Her diverse experience enriches our business-writing courses and seminars, making the user experience unique and memorable.
Petrina's LinkedIn profile
We're looking for world-class affiliates and partners globally, particularly in Australia, New Zealand, UK, USA and Asia. Do you have an aligned product or service worthy of a conversation? Drop us a line. We'd love to hear from you.
Who we help
'I want a culture of great communication that propels us forward, not one that holds us back.'
'I want a productive, focused workforce that's as good at communicating as they are at their technical skills.'
'I want my team to write better drafts for my approval, so I don't waste so much time fixing their work!'
'I don't want "average" communication skills to hold back my career.'